Nano's

Nwest

So who here has a nano or has taken care of one in the past? I have been given the go ahead from the boss at work to put a tank on my desk... So was thinking about a deep blue I think 7.5 gallon rimless 12x12x12.

Plan on doing nothing but zoa's and palys in it and maybe one or 2 fish.

I Don't plan a skimmer at first but will add one if need be. Do a 1-2 gallon a week water change.

Only thing I have decided on is a light...

Any pointers or tips on keeping something so small would be great!

If your building isn't open 24/7 be sure to check their air conditioning / heating policies. My building cranks the thermostat way up on Sat around noon and doesn't turn it back down until very early Monday. As a result, any nano in my office would get up in the high 80's or low 90's every weekend for the majority of the year.

I agree 100% with postal. However, once you get past that hurdle. You should get the following.

• Fish that don't jump out :)
  • Automatic feeder
  • Timer for the lights
  • Maybe an ATO, in case you go on vacation. (If you do get some kind of ATO, please make sure is super safe and reliable. You don't want your boss to come into the office Monday morning and find that you messed up the carpet because your ATO got stuck on the on position.)

Back