Need a custom dual water change/ATO built

Webmanny

Hey team,

I'm in need of some assistance. I am planning on really utilizing the space under my stand to its full capacity and at the same time semi-automate the ATO and Water change process.

This is what I need. I need a water tight acrylic container of the measurements below built. This container will be used to hold RODI water on one side and to mix the salt water for change water on the other side, but it would be nice if it was a single unit divided in the middle.

I would like to see if someone here with plenty of experience can build this for me and of course I would pay for it or if you can point me to a vendor that can build it at a reasonable price.

The measurements are: 18" Wide(Divided into two compartments or 9" each) x 18" Long x 18" High. It needs to have access doors on top for pouring in the salt and for cleaning in general. I calculate that this can hold between 23 and 25 gallons total, which would give me about 10 gallons on each compartment.

This water volume is exactly what I need, as I will do 5 to 6 gallon water changes every week or two and open my RODI valve once a week to fill it up for ATO and water changes.

I'm thinking of something like the one below, but double and with the measurements above.
ato-reservoir.jpg

Below is the design I have in mind for my system, which would allow me to connect the RODI system to the ATO section with a couple of pumps and power heads to stir and move water from one compartment to the next and then to the sump.

Please feel free to give me your ideas or recommendations on this one. I have several wireless switches that I plan on using for this purpose, which will allow me to just sit in front of the tank, hit a few buttons and watch the water move from one side to the next.

Thank you in advance for your help.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Design.jpg
    Design.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 0
I think the best, least expensive way to do this is to buy a tank and a pane of glass. Harbor Freight sells small pumps ~200 gph for ~$10. They work great for transfering water. Reef safe.

Marineland makes a 25 gallon cube 18" Buy used or LFS only
http://cdn.spectrumbrands.com/~/med...s Column Aquarium Specs and Sizes Chart.ashx

Mr. Aqua (never heard of it) makes a 25 gallon cube 18" ~$130
http://www.marinedepot.com/Mr._Aqua...Tank_Cube-Azoo-AZ1133-FIAQRC-AZ1137-4-vi.html

Deep Blue makes a 35 gallon cube 20" Buy used or LFS only.

thank you for the recommendation. I found a custom builder here that will build me exactly what I need. I will post it here once it is done.

Back