Need Advice: Aquarium and stand placement

TURKLET0N

There are two spots that I am contemplating putting my tank. I have a 150 gallon 72X18X24 tank. I am going to build the stand next week. Depending on where I put it I will build the stand hugger or lower.

Option A is against a wall when you walk into the home. I would build the stand around 30" tall. There is one window just to the right of where the tank would be but its positions a foot or two out from the tank.

Option B would be up against a half wall/knee wall. The knee wall is 43" high so I would want to make the stand as tall so you can view the aquarium from either side. I would screw the stand to the knee wall studs to keep everything secure.

Please give me your suggestion and what complications I would have to endure going one way or the other.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm no expert on the structural aspect but I think the knee wall room divider look is cool. Only question is of course where is it drilled? You don't want to see the pipes hanging out.

I believe his tank has corner overflows. So if the overflow sections are viewable from the other side of the wall you could simply tape them off and paint it black with plasti dip paint. Itll make it to where the inside of the overflow isnt viewable from the other side of the wall and it can be easily peeled off if needed

I did a room divider with my tank that had corner overflows. One could be hidden by the edge of the wall but the other was an eye sore so I took it out and just run one overflow. Either way I think the tank would look awesome in between those 2 rooms

Back