need free live rocks

for that little rock, why not just buy it? I can understand someone looking for help if they have a huge tank, since even 100lbs of rock can be a big chunk of change, but you only need what, 5 lbs???

I agree with Jay...there are many ways to make money.You can make $100. a day with a bucket,a squeegee,and a bottle of ammonia. All you need is ten places that will let you wash their front windows for $10.:cool:

abp1603,after looking at your profile, I realize that at twelve years old transportation and funds may be a problem....You might want to look at asking your parents for help....Live rock can be one of your biggest investments when setting up a tank. Even 5 pounds can run anywhere from $10.00 to $35.00...Good luck and dont hesitate to post here at ORCA if you have any questions about your new tank....
Roger...

I mowed lawns at 13 for money. I'm not trying to dog him at all, but it asking for handouts isn't the way to go. Perhaps he could ask if he could do tank maitenance or help someone change their water to make a few bucks. He has been known to do this often with trying to buy pieces from people at dirt cheap and sell common stuff at high prices.

Take a little initiative and make a few bucks if you really want to do this hobby or ask the parents.

yo ab its me gil, i know its hard, but u should really find some solutions to get this hobby going, i found a job that i didn't like but i stayed working to get my 20 gallon going. U should have a better introduction to introduce yourself, i know this club is about helping eachother, but u shouldn't take advantage of it, i know yo pops has money and yo moms. If u gave us info on your tank and ur experience then i would of helped and most likely other reefers, but u burst out saying,"let me get free rock!" :(

Hell, if I was anywhere close I would give him 5 lb of rock.

The best way to support reefing is to share it with the kids. Most of us have too much rock anyway.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6842541#post6842541 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fl_seagull
Hell, if I was anywhere close I would give him 5 lb of rock.

The best way to support reefing is to share it with the kids. Most of us have too much rock anyway.
I thought of this too..but then what does this teach him?

Two things.

First that there are good people out there who want to share their excitement about reef tanks and are not out to over charge him for 5 lb of rock.

Second, it give a chance to meet him and ask the important questions about want he is doing. Thus, leading to a "teachable moment." It is more important to insure he starts right and not get discuoraged by expensive bad advise.

Issue about jobs and how he is going to support his hobby are best dealt with individually and not in public forums.

Any kid willing to setup a tank is likely ahead of the pack.

Back