New Reef 750 XXL - Power Heads

GrahamLine

I’m transitioning to a new Red Sea 750 and I’m wondering what is a good or best Gyre flow pump for my tank?
To be more specific: what is the best wave flow setup for this tank for a mixed coral and fish biom?
Thanks,

G

What corals are you going to be keeping? THe preffered conditions specific corals like should be th prime consideration is setting different flows. FWIW, from what I've seen online and the maintenance friends have to do to keep gyres operating I would use different wave makers.

What corals are you going to be keeping? THe preffered conditions specific corals like should be th prime consideration is setting different flows. FWIW, from what I've seen online and the maintenance friends have to do to keep gyres operating I would use different wave makers.
Yep, I had Jebao's version of a gyre a while back and it seemed like I had to clean it constantly. I just use their regular powerheads/wavemakers now.

Thanks for the feedback. What power heads have you had best success with?
I've used many different Jebao wavemakers over the years. In fact, I just ordered two of these a while back. I've never had any issues with the Jebaos and they are relatively moderately priced.

Back