New Reef Display @ Monterey Bay Aquarium (HD720)

Chheaa!
Nice vids.
I love feeding this tank. The Chromis and Dispars start shoaling up like mad.

Most of the livestock is from Fiji just so people know..

This tank has all sorts of bacterial issues. The aquarists are not allowed to touch this tank, then go to the sea dragons for fear of contamination, so getting frags out of this tank is going to be a no-no. They started out with over 400 fish, now they are down to about 300. I have some HD vid of the tank from up top, but I was asked not to post it. It is lit by 6X1000W, plus a 400W (I am assuming for moonlight). Actuators control the penductors, about every 10 seconds or so. The back ground that is blue, actually slides up so it can be cleaned.

This tank has all sorts of bacterial issues. The aquarists are not allowed to touch this tank, then go to the sea dragons for fear of contamination, so getting frags out of this tank is going to be a no-no. They started out with over 400 fish, now they are down to about 300. I have some HD vid of the tank from up top, but I was asked not to post it. It is lit by 6X1000W, plus a 400W (I am assuming for moonlight). Actuators control the penductors, about every 10 seconds or so. The back ground that is blue, actually slides up so it can be cleaned.

:rolleyes:

Back