New RO Unit Or Replace old parts

Antman

Hello all I now have an old Coralife Pure-Flo II RO unit with a 24 GPD TFC membrane
Its time for a new membrane and I want to add a DI unit to this unit , I guess I should change the carbon & sedimen filters also.
Shoul I Just get a hole new unit would it be better money spent ?
Or am I fine adding the DI -new filters & membrane .also can I go from a 24 GPD to a 50 ?
any thoughts OR places to get a unit or replacement parts
Thanks ~

Based on a number of threads, replace the unit. The membrane alone for your unit is about $50 and an add-on DI unit is $35-$50 in addition to the other filters you need to replace.

The Filterdirect unit on ebay is only $100 + shipping and is a 6-stage RO/DI with 110gpd output.

I will be purchasing it in next couple of weeks.

Yeah...I'd sell what you have on eBay for like $20 and get a new unit...its just not worth it go add-on/replacements in your case. I like airwaterice units best.

You are probably better off to replace the unit but I would definitely not recommend the e-bay unit mentioned. It does not use a good membrane nor does it use a good DI system. Go with Air Water & Ice, www.buckeyefieldsupply.com or www.purelyh2o.com for a good high quality system with a 75 GPD Dow Filmtec true RO membrane and a well designed 24 oz capacity DI filter with a standard canister and refillable cartridge. You won't be sorry.

Second that, get a unit from airwaterice.com you will be rewarded with both quality and a lot less wasted water.

Back