new to the hobby and tank going a few days, have 'brown nodule life' already on rocks

loki_shaw

Hi all
I am new to salt water aquariums and managed to get a fantastic set up for free. so off i went and got it sorted and filed with water to eventually add life to it.
whilst looking at it today to take some tests and record them to see how it is doing i saw life on the rocks, these rocks were in the tank with the last owner and only out of water for 3 days or so.
can anyone tell me what these are and what i have to do to them if they have to go
though my camera has issues as i broke the glass over the lens the nodules are a brown colour in the tank

Attachments

• 20180313_220821.jpg
    20180313_220821.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 0
Looks like closed up Zoas or Palys to me. I don't know how well they will fair after 3 days out of water tho.

I would say zoa’s as well. There is not much you can do. They are closed in that picture. Not sure if they will make it but you don’t need to remove them from the tank.

thanks guys,
fingers crossed then since i dont have to remove them they will survive, there was nothing visible until yesterday so hopefully these are a stubborn bunch that want to live. will report back on their progress if they do survive this.

Hi all
I am new to salt water aquariums and managed to get a fantastic set up for free. so off i went and got it sorted and filed with water to eventually add life to it.
whilst looking at it today to take some tests and record them to see how it is doing i saw life on the rocks, these rocks were in the tank with the last owner and only out of water for 3 days or so.
can anyone tell me what these are and what i have to do to them if they have to go
though my camera has issues as i broke the glass over the lens the nodules are a brown colour in the tank
Best of luck with those. After being out of water for a few days on top of your tank going through another possible cycle it's gonna be tough on them. Fingers crossed for them that they somehow pull through.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Back