Nitrate control

Scotty333!!!

Guys my nitrates are 100 and I’ve been dosing nopox for a month and they’re not reducing, any tips for reducing these other than water changes? I have a sump

Reading through your posts, I didn't see if you were using natural seawater (if you live near the coast). If so, it might have something to do with it, but I'd say unlikely. I'm stuck between your tank recycling and need of a new nitrate test from a different manufacturer.

Thanks for the reply
I do live near the ocean and used the lfs nsw for 2x20% water changes then a 30% with my salt mix
Lfs confirms nitrate

Perhaps just using your own salt mix for a month or so to rule-out the variable? Assuming you have RODI water to mix it with.

Gonna get a 5500k bulb and clip on light fixture from local builders merchants but that looks nice and cheap too
Cheers for the reply

130 ltr changed , results are :

Salinity 1.025
Phosphate 0.15
Nitrate 75
Kh 8.9
Mag 1470
Calcium 330

Added a big bag of caluerpa and bought a 6500k 60w bulb

Best bulb for fuge? Needs be cheap

I'm using this over a 5 gallon fuge and it works well for Cheato and Caulerpa.

130 ltr changed , results are :

Salinity 1.025
Phosphate 0.15
Nitrate 75
Kh 8.9
Mag 1470
Calcium 330

Added a big bag of caluerpa and bought a 6500k 60w bulb

i feel like in some ways this is very similar to what I just posted in my own log.
aside from test measurements being high, are you seeing a physical impact in the tank?

I have been wondering about running some caluerpa and chaeto in my own tank to compete with some algaes but I don't have a sump/fuge so I'm sorta concerned about the how.

Hi
The few softies I have are buzzing , nems not inflating fully but enough that I can feed it

Without a sump I don’t know but someone on here may jump in with an idea , maybe mangroves clipped to the back of the tank??

I gotta buzz out work is a slave driver this week but watching your thread closely.
I keep a dirty tank that keeps my zoas very healthy but I do think my torch and BTA should be growing more as well. so I'm somewhat in your boat. I like your idea on the mangroves.

Work? What time is it there?
My goal is to have good params for a load of montiporas ( my favourite corals) , I’m hoping when I get back from a weeks holiday at the end of the month it’ll be ready

Couple of tests run

Po4 .15 no change
No3 75-100
Clacium Was 300 this morning and now 330 ( dosing ) , it’s not raising but keeps dropping which is very confusing and frustrating!

Yikes, if I remember correctly, watch your Alkalinity closely. If I remember correctly, a high calcium level can drive alkalinity down. I'd stop dosing Ca for now and do some water changes.

Expected results after tomorrow’s wc

Attachments

• IMG_2363.jpeg
    IMG_2363.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1
Back