Noob here

cn246378

New to the hobby I have had this tank running for about 6 months. I am trying to figure out which testing I should believe I have the trident where it saids my alk is 6.3 and my hanna which saids alk is 8.7. Idk which to believe and did multiple test on both and game back same. And while alk is getting low my cal keeps going super high. Please help.

New to the hobby I have had this tank running for about 6 months. I am trying to figure out which testing I should believe I have the trident where it saids my alk is 6.3 and my hanna which saids alk is 8.7. Idk which to believe and did multiple test on both and game back same. And while alk is getting low my cal keeps going super high. Please help.
I don't have a trident but definitely believe the hanna IMO.

I did calibration on trident I might just try the other set or reagent and try to recalibrate it again or maybe try to recalibrate using the numbers I get from hanna checker.

As a triple check, could see if your LFS does testing and see where the number comes in at. I’d lean towards the Hannah but I have no experience with either system

I've heard some of the Hanna reagents start giving off conflicting numbers when they get older, but haven't experienced this myself.

Back