Not the regular light question

CrayolaViolence

I am looking for an LED (cheap) to specifically use to enhance the fluorescence in my corals. I use FHO for growth and just need something to make them glow. I've tried the FHO geisman to fluoresce the corals and it's just not strong enough. I have a cheap strip but the LEDs are not strong enough to penetrate the water well. My lights hang about 18 inches above the tank and my tank is 12 inches deep (a lagoon). I need something small enough to tuck either at the edge of the lights or small enough to utilize a narrow patch I can make between them. But the light has to be powerful enough to reach the bottom to hit the corals.
I was hoping to find a couple of small used Kessil cheap because I know how those look but haven't had any luck. I am not looking to use these to grow anything, just give the corals a nice glow. This is why I'm just looking for cheap, no wifi, nothing fancy.
Suggestions please? Thank you.

I have a T5 lighting. And wanted the same thing. I got a Orphek LED lighting. It does the exact thing you described. Not a good grow light but it helps pop corals.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Okay, taking another look at my light rack and lights. What would work best is something that will fit in a 2.5 inch wide space and is 48 inches long or at least 36 and I could possibly get two. Or a small footprint light, like a Kessil style that will only interupt about 1x3 inches on each side of the FHO lights. I really think I only need the high blue actinic color.

Back