Ocean revive ratio sps?

Jdavis8824

I have a 20g reef with the ocean revive T247. Getting a Radion XR15 in 2 months. I just added a acro, not my first, and I was wondering if anyone had success on a certain ratio on blues to spectrum? The last birdsnest I got didn't make it because I had some phosphate problem and didnt use a ATO. I've since added a ATO and a reactor with Rowa and phosphates stay at 0.00. But my rocks are still leaching phosphates from the previous problem 3 months ago. I have mostly LPS frags and my cal stays around 420 using red seas pro salt weekly. Currently my lights run at 30% blues and 10% spectrum. What spectrum is best for a mixed reef? I plan on upping the lights slowly over the next couple of weeks. Also besides lights what else can I do to better my chances of growing sps?

20g IM Fusion
Upgraded Media baskets (Intank.com)
Aqua Euro Nano Skimmer 2
Tunze Nano ATO
Mini Max Reactor
Rowa
Chemi pure elite
Purigen
2 Extreme Davinci Clowns
Neon Dottyback
5 Trochus, 5 Hermits, 1 F Emarld

I will post up my settings tomorrow as I'm too lazy to go upstairs and the wvu game is on. But I have had great success with shortcake acro, my monitors and pocillapora are doing well. Unfortunately I lost the shortcake from moving and stressing it out, but I had amazing growth from the shortcake.

I've had great success so far keeping Sps, mainly higher end acros under OR lightning. I do have 2 T5's to supplement as well.

While the lights are important, imo keeping stable parameters is far more important, mainly talking about your Alk.

I run my lights 12.5" off the water at 70/50 Blue/White.

I will post up my settings tomorrow as I'm too lazy to go upstairs and the wvu game

You don't have a DVR where you can pause live TV?

I have a mixed reef and have my settings @ 50% for both blues and whites

My parameters do stay stable just by weekly water changes. I have about 15 small frags. Mostly Zoas so they don't use up too much of the elements in the water.

Unfortunately the game wasn't being aired on national TV so I had to stream it to my Apple TV so I couldn't pause the game. The struggles of a mountaineer fan not in WV! But I'm running my blues at 65 and whites at 30.

But keeping parameters stable IMO is more important then lights with corals. Obviously light is important but you could have the best lights in the world, but without stable parameters the corals are going to die.

Back