Ok to run a calcium reactor and dose kalk. for ph control?

MrineLfRlz

Thanks for any help in advance!
I've been finding out more and more that a higher ph is better for growth then previously thought and I currently run a calc. Reactor and my calc. Is around 440ppm but the added C02 is dropping my ph to 8 to 7.9 and I want a higher 8.2 to 8.3 preferably.
I've tried c02 scrubber on my protein skimmer it works but is expensive to keep using kalk. Seems cheaper in the long run I already have a bubble magus doser for a good dosing pump or I can invest in a better kalkwasser setup if its possible with a calc. Reactor.
Has anyone done this with success of is there another safer way besides a c02 scrubber.
Also I forgot to mention my sump and fish room is in my basement
Here is a great video for a potential setup I might try

A lot of people run a Ca Reactor and dose Kalk. Just keep and eye on your water parameters, particularly Alk, Ca and pH.

A lot of people run a Ca Reactor and dose Kalk. Just keep and eye on your water parameters, particularly Alk, Ca and pH.
But if calc. is already at 440 if I dose kalk. to raise ph wont that raise it even more?
I also dose BRS soda ash for alk.

Ah yes, missed that your Ca is 440. IMO/IME You could dose a weaker Kalk solution (not fully saturated). This could limit the Ca but still increase the pH. You might have to experiment a bit.

Back