Omega 300M - Dive Watches

ReefWaters

Premium Member
Im looking at getting an Omega Seamaster 300M.

I was looking for some feedback.

This will be more of a daily watch which will be around salt water most of the time and will go diving occasionally.

My biggest question is if I should get the Automatic or the Quartz?

Which one is more reliable and more importantly, which one will last longer?

I read that the Automatic should be serviced every 3 years or so. Will it hold up to every day use?

I would think the Quartz would take a beating better, but would it last for 40 or 50+ years?

Thanks for any feedback.

ReefWaters

automatics r 1000x better.. whoever told u they need to be serviced every 3 yrs is lieing to u.. all watches that claims to be decent quality or better are all automatic.. all swiss watches (best watches in the world) are automatic.. tag huer, rolex, breitling..etc. automatics last forever because they dont use batteries, they use the movement of the watch while on your wrist to 'charge' it..
omegas r good watches, but seiko dive watches are just as good, if u r looking for performance, seiko is just as good as omega.. omega just looks nicer..

i have a few breitlings right now, they are my favorite.. my grandfather has had his since the 50s and it still works as well as they day he got it.. i want to get an audemars piguet royal oak offshore..

Back