OT: Windows 98

filishy

Premium Member
Hello everyone,

A dear friend of mine has a problem with her old Win 98 OS... would anyone happen to have a copy that I can borrow for her to re-install in her PC? I promise of course, I'll return it asap.

If anyone can help, I'd highly appreciate it.

Thanks to all.

Maria.

It's like $200 for a xp version. My friend has Windows XP Pro if you need it, but I'm not sure if his registration codes still work.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7021928#post7021928 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cschweitzer
It's like $200 for a xp version. My friend has Windows XP Pro if you need it, but I'm not sure if his registration codes still work.

You are right...whats $200 from Bill Gates...hes a multi-billionaire anyways.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7021928#post7021928 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cschweitzer

Where are you buying XP? I only paid $100 for mine and I can get it from work for even less.

If the pc is running 98 then chances are its really to slow a computer to consider installing XP on.

Good point. Probably barely meets the requirements if it does at all. Stick with 98, maybe 2000 just to up to the NTFS

Back