OT-WTB fishing gear

CrazyEyes

Not sure if this is allowed or not but, Im in the market for some new fishing gear. Looking for a rod/reel combo for snook & redfish. I also might be interested in a tarpon setup. Or if anyone has a 5000-600 series reel like a Penn Battle 5000/6000 that'd be awesome. Id like to keep it somewhat on a decent budget so don't mention any high dollar g-loomis rod with a Van staal rod. Thanks in advance.

I think I saw the original battles at Sams club a while back, won't be "used cheap" but should be pretty affordable if they are still there. I don't remember what sizes they had.

Got a Penn Battle 6000 combo, loaded with 65lb power pro for $65 if you are interested. Has only been used less than half a dozen times. Shoot me a pm if you are interested.

Man I wish I knew you were looking a few weeks ago. I sold a tarpon and a snook setup. /facepalm if you are in the area I know southeastern liquidators had a ton of nice used gear. If not then dogfish tackle has there house brand rods pretty cheap.

The dumbest part is, my dad sells tackle and builds rods along with fixes rods/reels but he's so lazy sometimes it drives me insane. A friend of mine just said he'd sell me a 1 piece ugly stik with a shimano baitrunner for $40 that I might jump on. Other thing I'm looking for is a decent cast net 6-8" 3/8" - 1/2" holes with real lead weights.

Man I need to figure out how to extended the days so I can get back to fishing.. Its one of those things I could NEVER get enough of!

If your just going with one inshore set up save your money and get something nice. Getting a nice combo, especially if using artificials goes a really long way. If sticking bait, you can really go with anything. I don't use bait, so having a nice combo is a must.

3000 ci4 with St. Croix avid inshore- top water plug set up
3000 ci4 with St Croix with mojo inshore my suspending bait and softie set ups

The Mojo rods are fairly nice and not to expensive. They would make for a nice inshore set up for you.

I just sold 3 Saros reels a few weeks ago, wish I still had them for you.

Then pick yourself up a 70 Penn and a 25 Ugly Stick. Out for right a 100. Put some 10lb power pro on there and get yourself a snook.

Zero reason to buy anything more than an ugly stick if fishing bait. Spend money elsewhere.

Back