Painting a pre-made stand?

Chicago Kopka

Seeing if anyone can help advise me on this. I'm probably going to be getting a standard mass produced stand from Deep Blue. I'd love to just make one myself but I don't think I have the tools necessary to do so. So my question is; can I paint one of these stands from black to white so that it matches my furniture?

Would I need to sand all the black paint off or could I simply paint white over it?

I would use a cote of kills so you do not have to put on lots of cotes of the finish color. Once the kills cote is dry put on your finish cote

Ah ok thanks. Will probably be giving this a shot once I order my tank. Probably the only way to convince the wife for a 60 cube in the living room [emoji16]

a37733cc38c388616c6418b895ccc705.jpg

Not too shabby. Thanks for the advice fellas. Although now that I know I can rent a paint sprayer for $30 a day I would def do that next time.

if you are going to keep a sump in the stand I would paint the inside white also, will be easer to see inside, I did not do this with my stand as I painted i tall black and I wish I did , I have to use a flash light most of the time when I am look at things in my sump.

Yes Had lots of Black painted inside stands, the white makes it MUCH easier to check for leaks, problems etc, Good Luck.

I thought you were supposed to put the tank on top of the stand, not under it?
Lol, just kidding, I think it looks quite nice. I would paint mine white..but I like the look of natural wood.

Here's what it looks like now [emoji3]. Only thing that sucks about this stand, and I'm just noticing this now, is that the cutout on top is set up so that the corner overflow must be on the left side. I'm gonna have to take the tank off and drill a hole through the top of the stand so I can have the overflow on the right side.
a352d52b724165dc6917d7e6a191f0d2.jpg

Back