Palytoxin Poisoning

I know quite a couple people who were put into intensive care and a local here also lost his eyesight entirely. Literally melted his eye out pretty much.

Ive gotten very allergic to many things as ive grown older but love the looks of zooanthids, I know the Palys are the main offenders especially the ugly hitch hikers types in brown & have read that the really colorful Zoos are pretty much toxin free does anyone yet done a test on the colorful Zoos or mess with them frequently with no issues if so id like to know the ones they had safe handling with as id like to add a few to my softy tank if i know a certain one is safe like the bright Oragge & red/blue versions.

In the quest of battling awful, toxic palys. my fight is being helped by a common foe, algae. It's showing signs of keeping whats left on my glass, in check. I took all rock out months ago to bleach off all life, and its still sitting in the sun as much as possible. The rock was covered in palys which branched up the glass like a vine. Not having a definite plan, or time to tackle what was left, I kept my eye on it. All the while, I scraped algae off the glass up to the paly and made sure I didn't scrape them. Algae started to grow up the paly, covering it in brown and green. The palys look like they being over taken, and look unhealthy.

There seems to be no affect on my corals, in fact they look great. They only consist of hammers, trumpets, hairy mushrooms, and a leather. As always, I trim back the hammer all the time. It grows and grows.

holy smokes I had no idea the toxins could do that!

i make sure to wash my hands after every time i interact with my tank.

Back