phosban problem help!!!

jj6072

i recently just installed a new reactor with phosban (the white pebble looking stuff) and i forgot to rinse it before using it....now my water is all cloudy what do i do? and how bad is it that i dod this!!!!!

Think you will be fine - if you have one - put a bag or sock filter on your pipe coming into the sumpe, and even put some filter floss in that, it should clear up within an hour or two.
T

Yes - bu there are older types of phosphate removers that are white and are made out of alumium silicate (?) . That is what I beliewve he used.

T

Seachem PhosGuard is a white pebbly product. I use it, it works fine. RowaPhos (GFO) works better, but has a higher price tag to match.

i did the same with some i put in a mesh bag when i first started my tank, i didnt know what i was doing ( first saltwater tank and battling hair algea) who hasnt been there LOL but everything turned out fine, that was 8 years ago!

I also have been using the seachem phosban,works ok,even when rinsing thouragly,I still get a little residue for 1/2 hr or so,always clears up pretty quick.I have read that using the white pellets can leach aluminum into the water,which can affect corals.I think Ill be switching to GFO in the future.....

Back