Ping!

evansrf

Hi,
Just checking to see if there's still an active reef club in Tally.

I've been out of the hobby for nine years, and am setting up a new 65 gal reef tank. It will be SPS dominant, perhaps a couple of tridacnids as well.

I got the tank from Cutting Edge on Monroe st. and have been shopping around for the rest of the kit online.

I'll be a couple more weeks building the stand and canopy.
I intend to build the sump, skimmer, calcium and kalk reactors as well.

I'd appreciate a recommendation on where to get top quality live rock. I've always preferred rock that's as light and porous as I can find.

Regards,
Russ

The only two stores in town are Cutting Edge and High Tide. High Tide had some nice rock last time I was in there.

Making a build thread might help bring some life back to this forum :)

I'll certainly post what I can about my new build. If nothing else, maybe people will be amused by my attempts...

So can anyone tell me about NFMS? Are you still active and meeting?

I don't think they have been meeting via RC. If you go to High Tide you can ask the owner if he knows of any meetings, usually some of the locals used to go up there on Sundays I believe.

Welcome to this part of the forum. If you want some small frags let me know. I have some softies (mushrooms, xenia, anthilis..) that I wouldnt mind letting you have.

I know it's a bit of a drive, but my area has a reef club which gets together quarterly for frag swaps and DIY clinics. Feel free to visit the Florida Panhandle group. Most of our folks are scattered between Pensacola over to Panama City....

Good luck with the tank build.

By the way, GO NOLES!!!!

If anyone ever wants to drive to a meeting/frag swap in the panhandle let me know I will pay 1/2 gas (my car wont make it there).

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12815528#post12815528 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by scootman
I know it's a bit of a drive, but my area has a reef club which gets together quarterly for frag swaps and DIY clinics. Feel free to visit the Florida Panhandle group. Most of our folks are scattered between Pensacola over to Panama City....

Good luck with the tank build.

By the way, GO NOLES!!!!

I'm in the Pensacola area often for work. Perhaps a job will align with one of your meetings soon.

Thanks

I never had very good experiences with Cutting Edge so needless to say I use High Tide exclusively now.

Back