Please help id

RWITT

Started with emperor and spreading. Now 2 clowns and tang

Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• PXL_20240128_202818938.jpg
    PXL_20240128_202818938.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
looks like ich to me but I’m no good with sickness ids.

Any scratching or flashing?
Do you have a video under white light of the fish swimming around (about a minute or so long)?

@leebca @Dr. Reef @HumbleFish

No scratching or flashing. Faded color. Try prizpro.nothing

Attachments

• PXL_20240128_202826119.jpg
    PXL_20240128_202826119.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
Started with emperor and spreading. Now 2 clowns and tang

Any help would be appreciated
Without some scratching, it would not seem likely to be Cryptocaryon irritans (Marine Ich) since in an advanced stage, the fish should be flashing (scratching).

More information would be needed including: A video longer than one minute under white light up close to the fish, showing both sides of the fish would be helpful. You can upload the video to YouTube then post the link to it here. Tank size. All inhabitants. When was the last living thing put into the aquarium. Do you quarantine? Do you have a hospital tank?

I would give the fish with the worst indications a freshwater dip. If some of the spots disappear after the dip, then it could well be Marine Ich. If you don't know how to perform a freshwater dip, read this: Freshwater Dip Procedure.

I'll try . Setting up a 30 to move bubble tip and star polyps to. I treaded with priZpro no results. Need to treat the whole tank 200gl.

Fish are all 6-5 years old no fish since then. Yes to new snails and blue legs maybe 6 months ago.

Nothing has changed just this disease but something triggered it

I'll try . Setting up a 30 to move bubble tip and star polyps to. I treaded with priZpro no results. Need to treat the whole tank 200gl.

Fish are all 6-5 years old no fish since then. Yes to new snails and blue legs maybe 6 months ago.

Nothing has changed just this disease but something triggered it
Diseases/parasites can enter the aquarium from almost adding any new lifeform. If the crab and snails came from a system where fish were in or where the fish were a part of the same system is a possible source of entry. Also, although many suppliers and fish stores might keep fish separate from invertebrates, there may be crossovers vis a vis the use of nets, droplets of water, etc. Cross contamination isn't all that uncommon.

Praziquantel in PraziPro is an anthelmintic (deworming) medication. It fights flukes/worms. I don't think the fish you have are demonstrating any of the symptoms associated with flukes. There is a caution about using PraziPro: PraziPro is considered reef safe. The glycol solvent in Prazipro is a carbon source and bacterial growth scavenges oxygen when it is dosed. So when using this medication it is very important to add an airstone. I always recommend one airstone for every 30 gallons of aquarium water (different locations in the tank).

Medications are often not reef safe. Even if you do treat the main display tank, the nitrifying bacteria and various small lifeforms will suffer and/or die off. Not to mention the lingering medication that 'hangs around' after the treatment.

I believe after doing the freshwater dip, I'd like to know what you see/notice of the fish and in the dip water.

The fish should be treated using copper. The information is here on doing that: Download then read, the Copper Treatment Procedure document. This treatment addresses Marine Ich as well as Amyloodinium ocellatum (Marine Velvet) and a few other parasites. If the fish have Marine Velvet, they most likely would have died by now, since this parasite acts quickly.

A healthy diet is important. Are the fish still eating? Download then read, the Fish Nutrition document. Help the fish by improving its immunity and ability to heal wounds by adding supplements for an ill fish to its diet as recommended in the Fish Nutrition document. Click on that link, then download (and read) the document. Use especially Beta-1,3/1,6-D-Glucan found online, in health-food stores, and pharmacies. Directions for its use and quantity is provided in the link.

Without skin scrapes and a microscope, it is a challenge to determine what is happening. If this is a skin/surface bacterial infection spreading to the fish, then treating with a fish antibiotic would be the way forward. Treating with copper or an antibiotic must be done in a separate (hospital) tank. One of the most common surface bacterial medications is Metronidazole. The medication Metroplex contains 70% Metronidazole.

Like stated above. . .these treatments are not done in the display tank.

Either velvet or brook IMO:

Back