Plumbing question

MLp73

I am purchasing this 140 gallon system with sump. There are only two bulkheads and I was considering a drain and a return. I know that an emergency drain is important but let's just say I'm still going to use a single drain. How would you recommend the plumbing here? The picture which shows the drain concept seems to not use a standing pipe at all. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
received_904995318052554.jpeg
received_910472597549127.jpeg

First pic the one on the right is the return/supply to the tank return pump connects to it. The left is your drain/stand pipe.
Honestly I would just put a Maggie muffler on it to keep it quiet..

First pic the one on the right is the return/supply to the tank return pump connects to it. The left is your drain/stand pipe.
Honestly I would just put a Maggie muffler on it to keep it quiet..
Thanks. I had not heard of a maggie muffler. Another quick question. I take it the height of the water level in the overflow is the height of the drain pipe. The higher the pipe the less distance the water falls down the overflow into the pipe. Is that correct? Thanks again

Thanks. I had not heard of a maggie muffler. Another quick question. I take it the height of the water level in the overflow is the height of the drain pipe. The higher the pipe the less distance the water falls down the overflow into the pipe. Is that correct? Thanks again
That is correct.

Back