Powerhead placement

ErosJN

For those with 210 gallon aquariums or 6ft aquariums, where have you found your powerhead placement to be most efficient? Right now I have mine placed on each side of the aquarium which creates good flow but i still tend to have some detrius build up on the rockwork and behind it (my dual overflowers are each about a foot out from each end). I find it difficult to aim any powerheads at the rocks because of corals. Whats your tips/tricks?

Out of the tanks ive had power head placement all depended on my rock work. On my current tank i have 2 wp40's on either end up top and im going to put 2 wp10's down low but pointed slightly upwards to kick stuff up so the wp40's can catch it. Every tank setup will yield different results as to where the pumps will work best

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Id say a good overall goal would be to get the pumps situated so all the detrius collects in the same area and just syphon it out as it collects. As far as the rocks go i turkey baste them about every 3 days and on every water change

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back