Proofreading note on Diversity article

RonSF

Just a minor technical note. I'm not sure if this should even be directed to you or to an editor, but I noticed that the third paragraph in your new Diversity article under the heading of Homage has been repeated. I just thought you might want to know, since RK is archived into perpetuity (well . . . hopefully).
Thanks for the great article, too.
-Ron

Hear hear. I was just going to pop in and give Dr. Ron an "Atta Boy".

I think it's rather amazing the pounding these living creatures take and yet stay alive. I've already seen enough creatures enter a futile struggle for survival under my care to last a lifetime. I've only read the article once, but I'm not sure what tools a lay person could use.

I know one lay person had already decided that the idea that every coral reef the world over has the same characteristics is rather a far fetched wish. So replicating world-wide reef conditions in one 65 gallon box is a really stupid thing to even think about. But he's at a loss first to describe his own setup - let alone comparing it to others. Witness a thread in Anthony Calfo's forum trying to describe water flow with words. Somewhere between laminar and turbulent. At least with rocks we have gravel, sand, grit, pebbles etc !

Hi,

Ron - Thanks for the heads up about the error. I will contact Skip.

Don, The tools for getting some of the information are there, possibly in some online forms (Eric's articles and mine). Not many other places I would trust. If water flow is not laminar, it is turbulent. In a normal tank there is no other way it can be.

Thanks for the heads up, RonSF. My error. It's fixed now.

LOL... I think that was when my wife came in and distracted me while I was building the page with her "honey-do" list. :D

Skipper said:
LOL... I think that was when my wife came in and distracted me while I was building the page with her "honey-do" list. :D
That would explain the other minor typos where the words "yes, honey" are interspersed in Ron's more measured prose.:strange: Betrayed by your fingers on the keyboard.
-Ron

Back