Purigen

I use it in my girlfriends biocube 29 since day 1. I change it ever 3 months along with the chemipure elite. The tank has never had any algae other than a half dollar sized area of cyano and some bubble algae. Even when the tank was going thru its start up cycle i had no algae out breaks. I think the cleanliness of the tank is due mainly to the filter media (purigen and chemipure elite) i also change water weelky religiously. Note, bubble algae now gone due to emerald crab. I believe the bubble algae came in on a lps frag.

I used it for awhile to try and help rid my tank of Cyano. I think the cyano was more a result of my poor husbandry at the time. I took the Purigen out, run weekly water changes and no algae or cyano.

I have been using it for 3 years in 2 tanks... i wont say its the reason I have had very few issues, but i don't plan on taking it out either. For the amount of $ I spend on my live stock I'm not willing to make any changes that might affect water quality.

i have been using it for 3 years in 2 tanks... I wont say its the reason i have had very few issues, but i don't plan on taking it out either. For the amount of $ i spend on my live stock i'm not willing to make any changes that might affect water quality.
+1

I'm using it had it on my biocube now it's in my 56. I love the stuff it dose a great job. Throw the bag in water flow when changes recharge it. I bought two bags because recharging takes like 2 days to do.

nub question, does this run in like a standard reactor (2 little fishies) or in one of those media tumbler gizmos, (dont own one of them)

I have used for a few years now. Best thing about it is that you can tell when its spent and don't have to rely on a timeframe.

You can just throw the bag in the sump where it's in flow or go to a craft store and find a very fine mesh to make a screen with for a reactor. You really don't want to put a bug in a tlf reactor. Their is a vid on YouTube on someone the filled a while tlf 150 with it.

Yep. I use it in my sump and have been using it for a while. I like the fact that you can reactivate it once it goes dark.

Ya just throw that n your sump. Buy the stuff that's in a tube if you want to put it in a reactor. TLF dose not recommend putting any bags in the reactor. I use the bag as well the reactor is better for carbon and gfo

I believe the bag says it looses its potency the more you recharge it and to only recharge it up to 10 times. Dont quote me on that im going by memory lol. Recharging is somewhat easy, takes 2 days. Soak in 1:1 mix of water and UNsented bleach for 24 hours. Then rinse purigen throughly with water and soak it in a container with water and seachem prime for an additional 24 hours.

So reading about this product, it appears as if it targets ammonia, nitrites/nitrates. Please correct me if I'm missing something. It however does not look like it replaces carbon, but it might, depends on what source you read.
I don't want to argue about its value, I'm just more interested in what people who do use it think/feel it is actually accomplishing? Are you replacing carbon with this? I think if you do this would have value for myself.

Comments?

So reading about this product, it appears as if it targets ammonia, nitrites/nitrates. Please correct me if I'm missing something. It however does not look like it replaces carbon, but it might, depends on what source you read.
I don't want to argue about its value, I'm just more interested in what people who do use it think/feel it is actually accomplishing? Are you replacing carbon with this? I think if you do this would have value for myself.

Comments?
Thats why i also use chemi pure elite

Back