question about silencing a pump

jaylensdad06

I am in the middle of cycling a 65 gallon..with 30 gallon sump. I am using a mag 5 right now. Was just another pump I had lying around...but it vibrates against the glass of the sump. What kind of rubber or felt or n e thing I can glue to the bottom on the pump (has no suction cups or n e thing) that is safe and won't leach n e thing into the tank.... is regular 1/8 rubber sheets good enough? What is every1s suggestions? Thanx

Ive always used the bracket with the suction cups that came with the pumps. Sucks i just threw 3 of them away too. You could get 1" or larger silicone return line, cut it in half long ways so its shaped like a "C" and glue one of those to the 4 corners of the pump. Just make sure you dont cover up anything important on the pump

I've tried a number of solutions from foam to mouse pads. These $3 trivets are the best. The way they are designed you would think they're specifically made for silencing pumps. ;)

That's awsome...thanx. unfortunately I got the pump used..and it has nothing with it...and it's plumbed with soft tubing from the pump outlet to the bulkhead itsself. To the bottom of the tank. 3/4 tubing..and it rigid enough and the offset is so that the pump is pushed against the side glass and the bottom...it holds it there pretty well just vibrates the glass...I have a mag 12 on my 120 and is perfectly quiet. Thank u for the suggestions...the mouse pad is genious

Back