Question about Silicone on DIY project.

Hello,

Some of you may have seen my DIY post recently on rebuilding a 220g tank. I'm having an issue with my silicone curing. The outside layer is dry - but I can tell the inside has yet to cure. I did go rather thick - but I've never had an issue like this before. The tank is in my basement - and I've been using a space heater pointed into the tank with a couple moving blankets over the top/sides of the tank to hold the heat in. I finished the tank on Saturday - had the space heater on all day Sunday (it took me a while to find a strategy that worked for heating up the tank) and all Monday night, and partially though out last night.

I guess my question is - will the inside ever cure!? Should I poke some holes in the silicone, and push the wet stuff out? I feel like it's not drying anymore - might give it one more night but I don't think it will make a difference. All I know is, I don't want to rebuild this tank for a THIRD time. TIA

yes it will cure all the way eventually, it may take a week or longer it all depends on how thick it is but I was told I does cure after a week or so. you might just have to let it sit and wait.

Back