Questions about putting Mars Aqua on 600+ gal tank

I had 4 x300 watt marsaqua lights over my 12’ 860g Reef . It was 32” wide and 43” deep. I had no rocks on back so I wasn’t worried about lighting the whole width. I did however add 2 more in a couple areas I had sps in. They grew just fine halfway down the water column. The lights were about 14” above water lvl.
I just tore the tank down due to impending move at some point this year. I will build another tank at the new house somewhere in the 800-1000g range but dimensions will have to be different.
I’m thinking either 8x4x4 or 10x4x4 if space allows. I will either use the mars again but add 2 more for a total of 8 or do 4x400wt halides and 4x300wt mars as blues mainly.

Tank will be bedroom wall and back is in garage to access. So not too worried regarding humidity. Entire garage will be dedicated to Fish and QT systems, no cars will be parked in there

I am in Pittsburgh and my 2 story house was 7 years old at the time of setting up aquariums. I noticed moisture in the attic shortly after, and dehumidifier was installed. With a smaller room, you may not have a similar experience. Another concern is the probable damage to the interior ac unit due to the salty air.

I am in Pittsburgh and my 2 story house was 7 years old at the time of setting up aquariums. I noticed moisture in the attic shortly after, and dehumidifier was installed. With a smaller room, you may not have a similar experience. Another concern is the probable damage to the interior ac unit due to the salty air.

Bob I completely separated fish room from the house AC, it'll all be behind walls and door etc. I installed a split unit 3/4 ton in fish room costing about $550 so I can replace it when it messes it up.

I had 4 x300 watt marsaqua lights over my 12' 860g Reef . It was 32" wide and 43" deep. I had no rocks on back so I wasn't worried about lighting the whole width. I did however add 2 more in a couple areas I had sps in. They grew just fine halfway down the water column. The lights were about 14" above water lvl.
I just tore the tank down due to impending move at some point this year. I will build another tank at the new house somewhere in the 800-1000g range but dimensions will have to be different.
I'm thinking either 8x4x4 or 10x4x4 if space allows. I will either use the mars again but add 2 more for a total of 8 or do 4x400wt halides and 4x300wt mars as blues mainly.

Tank will be bedroom wall and back is in garage to access. So not too worried regarding humidity. Entire garage will be dedicated to Fish and QT systems, no cars will be parked in there

Interesting to hear about using Mars Aqua 300. Since they can't be daisy chained did you have problems with all the wires? Sounds like you didn't have much SPS but I assume it did provide enough light for the SPS needs right?

Back