Raising par

Scotty333!!!

Hi guys ,
Ahead of my new popbloom rs90s arriving I’m asking the question now…

How much par per day to increase?
I’m thinking 10 micro moles / par per day for 30 days to reach my target of 380 as I have a maxima currently and plan a forest of acros when it’s up to 300 .
Now, some will say that too much per day but I’d like to know what people do when they buy an acro colony for instance from their lfs with unknown par ?
I read that some put low down and increase height over x amount of weeks but this is guess work most of the time as I don’t see a lot of people paying attention to par because everything’s fine and growing but I’m looking for a more methodical approach to know if somethings not right I can rule out lights , water quality right now is spot on and my current 40x turnover flow will go to 60x next week so again, I can rule that out
For water clarity and something else to play with will be raising my orp from 190 to 350 by means of ozone into my skimmer

A lot of changes I know but I want to be able to keep anything I want without restrictions

Looking forward to your thoughts on this , I know it’s a lot but please chirp in

I assume your minimum adjustability of any channel will be 1% so you won't know your PAR change until you start actually doiing it. I honestly would not increase lights every single day - every other day, every 3 days, once a week? - and keep an eye on your inhabitants.

You can't say I'm going to change my waterflow and up my ORP (which will significantly affect water clarity thus PAR itself) and say they are ruled out. Changing 3 things at once throws a wrench in problem solving if you in fact end up with a problem. I would up the flow and start your lighting ramp up and leave the ORP till after you have those sorted. You may decide you don't need it. Just my 2 cents.

How much would you increase every other day, every 3 days or once a week?
Of course any negative impact and I’ll back off .
Sure, it’s a lot at once but all steps in the right direction no?

PopBlooms been running now 6 days , par reading are at 150-250 6” down
100-150 in the middle (12” down) and sands 50-100 (25” down)

Back