rcamar813's IM Nuvo 20

rcamar813

After 3 years with a handme-down tank i finally purchased my first reef tank. I took all the live rock from the old tank and dried it out and then bleached and acid washed. I had a big aptasia problem. I kept some of my first corals i ever bought and decided to be more selective as i buy more corals.

It amazing to see how big the corals grow over time.

Equipment
IM Nuvo 20g
2 spinstream nozzles
Vortech Mp10
Cobalt 75w Heater
Tunze Nano ATO
Kessil a360 w/ Spectral Controller

Livestock
Pair of Snowflake black clownfish
Mccosker flasher wrasse
Bangaii Cardinal
Sexy Shrimps
RBTA

Corals
LPS:
Hammer
Torch
Duncan
Frogspawn
Trumpet
Plate Coral

SPS:
Red Planet Acro
Green Slimmer Acro
WWC Green Birdsnest
Purple Bonsai
Jedi Mindtrick
Blue Polyp Monti Cap
Mystic Sunset Monti

Zoas & Palyps:
Utter Chaos
Vivid Rainbows
Ked Reds
Miami Vice

Clams:
Squamosa Clam

Here are a few pictures of the Nuvo. I have dslr but dont know how to use it to take pictures of the fish tank so these are from the iphone.

Thanks for looking

How are your nitrates in your 20? I have similar bioload and I can't seem to get it under 8.

I really havent tested in a while. I do weekly 5 gallon water changes and everything has been soing good. Im planing on buying a few test kit to keep track of things better. I only check alk, and calc consistently

Last edited:
Thanks. I've been doing 2 gallon. I just thought a 25% (5 gal) water change was a bit much though. Maybe I'll change it up a bit.

Thanks. I've been doing 2 gallon. I just thought a 25% (5 gal) water change was a bit much though. Maybe I'll change it up a bit.

I been thinking of cutting it back also. To maybe 5 gallons every two weeks. But since im trying to get rid of some GHA i am constantly siphoning water out as i remove it. I also feed a lot at times i think. Im sure my nitrates are not super low or my phosphates but everything has been growing and look good. Im going to try keeping a better eye on things bc i want to go more sps heavy.

My tank is 29g and i change 5g every week for 2 years now. A few months back life got busy and i think i went 2 or 3 weeks with no water change. Tank went down hill with algae, as of today i think i finally have it back under control.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Also tank looks good rcamar, i enjoy nano tanks more so than larger tanks

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

it looks from the pics as if you have a leveling problem with your stand? The water looks to be 1/2" from the top on the left and 1" from the top on the right.

If that is the case and not a perspective issue - you may want to get that corrected.

You have a sick Aquascape! My buddy and I were just talking about doing my tank like your with two separate islands. My tank is not even a week old yet into my cycle. I'm sure I will make some more changes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 0
it looks from the pics as if you have a leveling problem with your stand? The water looks to be 1/2" from the top on the left and 1" from the top on the right.

If that is the case and not a perspective issue - you may want to get that corrected.

Yes that was the case. I have since leveled it out. Thanks

Looks good so far. Are you satisfied with your light? Does it provide enough vibrancy in your corals?

Yea i am satisfied. I have had the light close to 2 years. Have been getting good growth and now that i have the spectral controller i enjoy i more sonce it ramps up and down on ots own.

Yea i am satisfied. I have had the light close to 2 years. Have been getting good growth and now that i have the spectral controller i enjoy i more sonce it ramps up and down on ots own.

Does your light have enough power to grow SPS? I'm not sure what light I should get. I have 3 more weeks left with the cycle.

Yes the kessil is more than enough powerful for sps. I have had sps the whole time i have had these lights without an issue.

Back