Red bugs on acro HELP!

hecterma

Hi, I picked up my first sps corals about 2 months ago. I purchased a birdsnest, setosa, stylaphora, plating monti and a valida acro.

Now my valida has no polyp extension and has brown copepods all over it. I'm pretty sure they are red bugs.

Should I just pull out the acro and toss it out and cut my losses? Will this kill the red bugs? Will they start to attack the rest of my sps corals? I have no quarantine set up. The frag was only $5.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Red bugs are more of an annoyance than a death sentence. They're fairly easy to manage and will rarely actually kill a coral. Interceptor, dr g's sps dip, and bubble scrubbing are fairly effective methods of control. Some Wrasses love to eat them as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They are kind of hard to see. They are really small.
14de26eb4ff16889a11bdc6a934ca048.jpg
3c3fbb9ddc70c2b0161f26b4d0f25339.jpg

Yeah Dr G's seems like something I should have on hand. I'm thinking a wrasse isn't a bad idea also plus it's another reason to buy a fish lol. Thanks for the advice.
Red bugs are more of an annoyance than a death sentence. They're fairly easy to manage and will rarely actually kill a coral. Interceptor, dr g's sps dip, and bubble scrubbing are fairly effective methods of control. Some Wrasses love to eat them as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back