Red Sea Max 130D - 1st "Proper" Reef

Ratvan

Greetings All.

So a little about me (as per usual) I have been keeping a 2.5G Pico tank on my desk at the Office since 1st April 2019. This is a contest on another forum. However this contest ends at the end of next month so I have been searching and shopping around for the past few months in an attempt to build a bigger tank on a small budget (£300 set up cost).

PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE BIOFILTER OR LIVESTOCK - I HAVE A SEPARATE BUDGET FOR THAT

Tank: RSM 130D
Heater: Unbranded 200W Heater
Heater Controller: Inkbird
Lighting: Chinese Black Box 168W
Pump 1: "Stock" 350 Gph
Wavemaker 1: Tunze 6015 Wavemaler
Wavemaker 2: Jebao RW2 Wavemaker
ATO Container: 5.5G Cube
ATO: AutoAqua ATO

So far I have spent a Total of £240.00, I do want to upgrade the return pump
at some point. I also have a Skimmer and other bits and bats that came with the tank in the auction

I have spent the last week or so cleaning out the back sump section as well as cleaning up the stand and buffing out as many scratches as I could. I still want to make a few changes to the stand, namely the hinges are severely corroded and I want to replace these asap.

How do i add pictures?

Hi, you have 2 options, you can directly upload your photos by using Reefcentral's Manage Attachments button or you can sign up to a photo website and copy/paste your photos direct links.

Do I need a certain amount of posts first? I cannot see a "Manage Attachments" Button, unless it is a browser issue? I have an Attach Files Box but that simply lists the allowable extensions?

Sorry technology is usually beyond me :D

Ok so everything is on the office. I have arranged the cables within the cabinet and run the power strip (with surge protector) into the underfloor cable trays (nice and tidy). I have to shim the tank stand still to get level and then can fill with water. Most likely to be on Friday as I have had to order some 19mm tubing as I have lost the connection between the pump and the output nozzle.

Back