Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL

Rjvb87

I have a new red sea reefer 750 XXL coming the end of this week. I currently have a 180 gallon tank mixed reef already with custom sump and custom everything really...... so this whole new plug and play thing with Red Sea will be all new to me....
I am moving the tank location and putting everything from the mixed reef into the new 750 XXL in a different location in my house.....

I was just curious if anyone had the same Red Sea tank and could offer anything I should look out for during the build or upgrades of the plumbing that they sent if I should change anything around ????

Getting to the top of the stand under the tank is a pain in the *** and takes a couple people and I had to get suction cups. Already removed the Auto top-off system which was always in the way. The return nozzle is crap, ordered my 2nd attempted replacement one yesterday. Stock one at 10x flow is always grabbing air. Love everything else so far about it.

Getting to the top of the stand under the tank is a pain in the *** and takes a couple people and I had to get suction cups. Already removed the Auto top-off system which was always in the way. The return nozzle is crap, ordered my 2nd attempted replacement one yesterday. Stock one at 10x flow is always grabbing air. Love everything else so far about it.

I feel like the auto top off isn't big enough; what did you end up using, have any photos?.

I was thinking of ordering the random flow nozzle made for the Red Sea Reef tanks because I did hear that about the return nozzle as well!

I went with the apex and A 10 gallon top off. That's the one I ordered this week as the return goes. I try and get a tread going this weekend with full pictures. Still a work in progress at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL

Here are some updated pictures everyone..

Got the stand and sump first. Took about 1:45 to build the stand by myself. Then went back to the LFS for the tank with my buddy, It was heavy yes but it was manageable for the both of us, but for average sized people I'd recommend 4-5 guys. Myself and my buddy are pretty big guys.
Filled it up with water for wet test and let it run for 2 days, no leaks.

I ripped off the stock flow nozzle because it's crap. I upgraded to a loc like dual output with a random flow nozzle

Just filled it up with sand tonight and the water is now at 78 degrees... I guess I'll do some live rock soon and mix all my Polyp Lab cycling stuff this week also....
Any questions feel free to ask

Attachments

• 840179C4-B92B-467F-A540-726C828A882F.jpg
    840179C4-B92B-467F-A540-726C828A882F.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 5A378B49-37CB-4F0E-93BF-259E4E2B6DCA.jpg
    5A378B49-37CB-4F0E-93BF-259E4E2B6DCA.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 8C7DD4B3-6B5E-40CC-A2C5-8FF6601E5E23.jpg
    8C7DD4B3-6B5E-40CC-A2C5-8FF6601E5E23.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 0
I have had mine gone NFL for about 3 months now. Same complaints as others is the ato is way too small. My home is dry in winter volume and location is the problem. Getting a custom resevoir built and place it in the dry side. Other than that love it..... Also my first “plug and play system” so we will see what I tweek as time goes on. Following your build to steal ideas!

Back