Reef Food

J4Life

Premium Member
Hey Eric,

I just read this article: http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-07/eb/index.php

I found it very informative and I would like to know what food sources do you recommend for feeding corals and fish. I am very interested in trying live cultures if that is a good route to go. I know that you can get brine shrimp cultures from many places but I have heard that they provide no nutritional value to fish or corals and also though that baby brine rotifers would be to large for most SPS to eat.

I do currently feed Cyclop-eeze and Golden Pearls 5-50 micron size, but want to add to this list. My fish eat the Cyclop-eeze and frozen, brine, blood worms, and mysis. I was thinking of adding daphnia and some others from the Hikari line of frozen food as well.

Would appreciate any insight you could add here. I also have been considering feeding DT's Oyster Eggs of course the cost seems a little high for such a small bottle, but I understand people have to make money. I prefer cheaper alternatives even if they require diy.

Thanks again,
Bill:)

Back