Reef Salt in a SPS Aquarium

ROR

I'm interested in trying Aquaforest Reef Salt, the readings for the elements look very good.

In the guide it states "Aquarium with LPS and not demanding SPS". I'm curious why this salt is not recommended for an aquarium with demanding SPS. I have an established bare bottom SPS dominant reef with undetectable nitrate and phosphate, so I'm not looking to carbon dose.

Are the two salts identical with the exception of the probiotics?

Yes, Reef Salt can be used with demanding sps corals. The difference between Reef Salt and Probiotic Reef Salt is that the second one have extra Probiotic bacteria with carbon source food, aminoacids and vitamins. Probiotic Reef Salt is recomand for ULNS systems but it could be also used in different type of tanks when we need to lower the nutrients.

Thanks. I assumed that's how it is, but I wanted to make sure before I ordered a bucket. Looking forward to seeing how my corals react to a more balanced salt.

I'm going to look over your guide to see what products might be useful in a tank where nutrient reduction isn't the goal. I may try a few out (iodine, iron, vitamins, etc.)

Back