Reef Star Aquarium maker in Florida (biggest regret from a vendor)

Joeganja

So I've been dealing with a custom aquarium maker who I went with due to his sales pitch and some of the aquariums I saw on posts and so forth. I reached out to him early in the year and we agreed on doing monthly payments through PayPal and for about a 64 gallon tank and the tank with shipping and stand would be around $1,700. And I was contemplating on whether I would have a facade or magnetic panels that he was asking just around $400 for and I couldn't do it. I finished paying the tank off in August and it's now December. Every time I've actually spoke to him whether on email or on instagram DM he's been a hit or miss of getting a hold of. I called him about a month ago saying the tank was in a crate and that he was going to ship it before the holidays and he would notify me. It's almost Christmas and I'm very frustrated. I'm not a laughing stalk and I realize he may be busy but I've given him months and I don't care whether he has larger aquariums being built that have more money, $1,700 is a lot of money to me. I don't want the tank anymore. I want my money back nothing less. If anyone has heard of the company Reef Star please deter yourself away from it because you may not have a tank for a whole year. Overall disappointed. Everything that was promised was always over the phone and never in written emails or text. If I do speak to him again it will never be over the phone only through written word. I just want my money back.

Start a dispute and then call PayPal. I’ve always had better luck talking to PayPal on the phone and immediately escalating the dispute. If for some reason PayPal doesn’t decide in your favor go directly through your CC company (hopefully you used a CC for the payments. Always use a CC).

What will likely happen is as soon as the dispute is filed he will contact you and ship a tank. If he does that you maybjust have to accept it and move on.

What all does this tank come with for $1700? Seems like an insane price for a 64 gallon tank to me.

Back