Refugium

mckeec

Just finished reading your second part on myths. Very interesting and entertaining. I am in the process of setting up my reef tank and it includes a refugium. Please provide me the names of three microalgeas you would use if it was your choice.

Thank you

Hey mckeec. Did you happen to miss this part?

"I guess my big question regarding Caulerpa is why use it at all when so many more desirable species of macroalgae exist, like Chaetomorpha species, or others (Figures 7 & 8)." ...with a link provided to this page...

http://www.biol.tsukuba.ac.jp/~inouye/ino/g/ulv/ulv_pic2.html

"Figure 7. Dragon's tongue algae, Halymenia sp. "

"Figure 8. A hardy version of the red algae, Gracilaria sp. "

No I did not miss it. How could you, there were even pictures. I was looking for some confirmation and a third option. It is also unclear if these would be the top three or just other options in general.

Inland Aquatics has an excellent selection of various macroalgae.

My top three, in order, would be Chaetomorpha, Ulva, and Graciliaria.

Eric how does a guy get a hold of the book of corals that you did that had all the glossy pictures in it. I cant seem to find another one the one i have is about 4 years old and i havbeen taping the pages back togethor. Any ideas would be appreciated. why did you quit printing it

Practical Guide went out of print because of a lawsuit I had to file (and win) over non-payment from the publisher and co-author. Because many other good books exist, and similar ones like Julian Sprung's, Corals : A Quick Reference Guide. are better than PGC was, I have opted not to put it back in print. I have a new version, all but finished, but am unsure if I will publish it or not. I might decide to do so down the road.

Hopefully you will print it again, that book was way better than sprungs. for people to learn the basic requirments quickly, and the pictures were awesome, maybe the new one wil be just as good?(nice pictures and quick reference as to water movement,lighting, hardiness, aggressiveness. those charts were relly handy

I agree with keene

eric your book and philosophy
is much better than anything julian could ever hope to do!

im a big fan of yours as well and hope you will stick around here for a long while

thanks MM

hope maybe will see the charts in the new book? maybe:) and when??????

Why not take the Practical ... to a different publisher, it was a great book to get people to started on corals witthout having to spend a fortune on books right away. very nice GUIDE book!

Back