Relassy 300w LED

Blink and the Chinese make another light.............
suitable for coral, platypus and other creatures

Planning on raising platypuses??

525 is green not cyan.
Bunch of nits to pick but who knows ..

Lots of "stated" watts for what looks like a pretty thin passively cooled heat sink..

In fairness they are only running them at less than 1W each..

Would be curious about real wattage.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L5LHWNW/ref=sspa_dk_hqp_detail_aax_0?psc=1
Same light different name.. funny
Bozily Aquarium Light 300W

all kidding and snark aside.. seems pretty interesting and it folds in 1/2..

OK .. typo or not?
"lifespan 5000hr"

Prob. not a typo
'don't run it for more than 16 hours in a day'

Last edited:
Main issue with this light fixture is that it is using 0.5W LEDs. These should be used only for really shallow tanks and low, low light corals.

Look into good black boxes like mars aqua, viparspectra, bloomspect, and sb reef lights. If you want to spend more, look into reefbreaders photon v2+. All of these are great lights, at different price points, and with different features, that will grow any coral without issues.

Main issue with this light fixture is that it is using 0.5W LEDs. These should be used only for really shallow tanks and low, low light corals.

Look into good black boxes like mars aqua, viparspectra, bloomspect, and sb reef lights. If you want to spend more, look into reefbreaders photon v2+. All of these are great lights, at different price points, and with different features, that will grow any coral without issues.

Which one of those light at how many watts would be good for a 40g breeder that's a planted aquarium with a couple seahorses and pipefish?

I've never had a macro tank but look to start one up and trying to get good value at a lower price

"PAR" isn't bad ..
IF honest..

relassy.JPG

Its likely all lies...I bought one just to try it out..
Its NOT even close to 300w ...not even half that...its 1/2w diodes.
Its not controllable as far as sunrise/sunset...or at least I couldnt figure out how to set it that way...
Im sure that par graphic is BS too..

I tried it for maybe 30min and back into the box it went...
A regular black box is much better as far as power/par/value is concerned...

"PAR" isn't bad ..
IF honest..

relassy.JPG

See mcgyvr's response above. He pretty much covered what I was going to say (and more). Those numbers looked like random ones they pulled to make their lights look a lot better than they were. There is absolutely no way that 0.5W LEDs can produce that kind of par, especially at 24" depth. if these were real numbers, these units would cost a lot more, as they would be able to compete with Giesemann and ATI 48" light fixtures.

Though I agree that the PAR #'s seem a bit out there.. won't know till tested independently..

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence", which later came to be known as the Sagan standard."

;)

Though I agree that the PAR #'s seem a bit out there.. won't know till tested independently..

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence", which later came to be known as the Sagan standard."

;)

Issue is that 0.5W LED cannot in any way produce that much PAR at those depths. It is just not physically possible. Add that these units dont use any sort of lenses/optics at all, and I am willing to bet that true PAR readings wouldnt be even a 1/3 of what they claim.

As a quick comparison, here are PAR reading of Kessil AP700, which uses 3W LEDs

zPIE681.jpg

PAR numbers on this unit claim to be higher than Kessil ones in a lot of areas, which again I find impossible

If you do decide to get one and test it out, I would be really curious to see results though.

I looked and couldn't find where it said it used 0.5w LEDs. I'm sure I just missed it...
Issue is that 0.5W LED cannot in any way produce that much PAR at those depths. It is just not physically possible. Add that these units dont use any sort of lenses/optics at all, and I am willing to bet that true PAR readings wouldnt be even a 1/3 of what they claim.

As a quick comparison, here are PAR reading of Kessil AP700, which uses 3W LEDs

zPIE681.jpg

PAR numbers on this unit claim to be higher than Kessil ones in a lot of areas, which again I find impossible

If you do decide to get one and test it out, I would be really curious to see results though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I looked and couldn't find where it said it used 0.5w LEDs. I'm sure I just missed it...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Relassy link doesnt have it listed. They have this: 338pcs High Intensity CREE/OSRAM LEDs
Bozily, which is same unit (link posted above) has this: 338pcs High Intensity 0.5W

If they were using 3W LEDs, there shouldnt be more than 100 LEDs in the unit.

Relassy link doesnt have it listed. They have this: 338pcs High Intensity CREE/OSRAM LEDs
Bozily, which is same unit (link posted above) has this: 338pcs High Intensity 0.5W

If they were using 3W LEDs, there shouldnt be more than 100 LEDs in the unit.

look at the sort of equiv. hort unit..explains the name.
Equipped with 338LEDs, replaced traditional 300W HPS/MH while consuming only 110±5%W,

.325W/diode...roughly

That said you still have 100W of output and w/ decent emitters that's
10000 Lumens (not that it's that high.)

As noted biggest problem is assuming those optics aren't less than 120 degrees, which to be honest they look to be..
If 90 degress, even at .35W you are concentrating 100 watts ..

Like I said.. all guesses w/ out real info..

assuming price has anything to do w/ output isn't "exactly" fair..

output could match a simple "black box"...."165W" Mars Aqua isn't really 165W.. more like 120-ish..

55 diodes x 3.7(V(f)) x .550(Con. current) =111W

Problem w/ 1/2w emitters is the 120 beam angle you usually get with it..
It has 6x the diodes of a black box

Personaly, for me, it's a question of being driven w/ constant voltage (resistor losses) or constant current?

BUILD quality is of course another issue..

Better than a black box in one area..
Safe and Power Saving: Isolated energy design, UL/CE/ROHS/FCC certified, much safer for you to use indoor with no worry.

Last edited:
Found it.. again the hort light but see no reason it's not the same w/ the aquarium one..

Higher Light Utilization with Focus Light Design: Compare with traditional Led panel light without reflector cup, our grow lamp with the 90° reflector cup and without light filter can focus light and decrease the loss of light, 99% of light emitting can be absorbed by plants. Improve the utilization of light to promote the growth of plant better.

90 degree beam angle..
note though the diodes are exposed..

https://www.wantitall.co.za/lawnand...row-lamp-panel-with-auto-on-off-4__b07gsst4br

note though it's listed 65W here but is that due to 220V????

As noted biggest problem is assuming those optics aren't less than 120 degrees, which to be honest they look to be..
If 90 degress, even at .35W you are concentrating 100 watts ..

Like I said.. all guesses w/ out real info..

It looks like these have no optics at all:

What optics if any are on each led bulb? what is the angle of the optics?
Answer:
No optics.
By Sam Ventimiglia on April 15, 2019

This was in Q&A. Of course, person that answered maybe misunderstood question, and provided wrong answer haha.

Looking at pics that are available in the Bozily reviews, I cant see any sort of optics there, so maybe there is nothing at all.

It looks like these have no optics at all:

What optics if any are on each led bulb? what is the angle of the optics?
Answer:
No optics.
By Sam Ventimiglia on April 15, 2019

This was in Q&A. Of course, person that answered maybe misunderstood question, and provided wrong answer haha.

Looking at pics that are available in the Bozily reviews, I cant see any sort of optics there, so maybe there is nothing at all.

Reflectors ARE optics..and actually reflectors work better @ 90 degrees than lenses...at least according to Carlco...
Like I said though.. diodes are exposed more than w/ lenses...but those cones are obvious.. ;)

"Optics"

PRODUCTS-Reflector_ANGELINA.jpg

1a84bc6d-051b-4df9-bacc-89c601bcdd7b._CR0,0,1000,1000_PT0_SX300__.jpg

Last edited:
Bozily 300 par readings

Bozily 300 par readings

Hey Gang I have the lights and have checked the par. Switched from 3 Viparspectra 165w to 3 of the Bozliy 300 watt fixtures. My tank looks great, better then with the viparspectras.
Okay my setup is a 125 long so it is 21 inches deep.
Par reading at 3 inches......125
Par reading at 10 inches.....94
Par on the bottom was.......82
I hope this helps.
As I said my tank looks better. My Monti was lossing color under the vipars and reaching straightup. Now it is going from pink back to the deep red, and starting to flatten out again. I have pictures I can share once I figure out how too

Hey Gang I have the lights and have checked the par. Switched from 3 Viparspectra 165w to 3 of the Bozliy 300 watt fixtures. My tank looks great, better then with the viparspectras.
Okay my setup is a 125 long so it is 21 inches deep.
Par reading at 3 inches......125
Par reading at 10 inches.....94
Par on the bottom was.......82
I hope this helps.
As I said my tank looks better. My Monti was lossing color under the vipars and reaching straightup. Now it is going from pink back to the deep red, and starting to flatten out again. I have pictures I can share once I figure out how too

Sorry my contract requires me to do this.. (just kidding)
It is the 300W Model w/ 111 Watts, not all of which is diode watts but most is.
Hort. version is listed..
Power Consumption: 65W±5%
Equiv to the 165W which is more like 110 Watts in reality..

awaiting the pics.. thanks..

Oh and thanks for the Par measurements. Not even close to theirs

Last edited:
Back