Return line question

Vorog

I currently have a braided 3/4" vinyl return line. With a valve and a eshopps over the top return hose. I was thinking about adding a BRS dual reactor to my system. So instead of having a mj1200 in the sump as well as my return pump. I am looking for a way to run my reactor off my sicce return pump that has a lot of power for my tank. I'd like to hard plumb my return line with a T fitting going to my dual reactor. Question one; is that possible? Question two;And what do I need to make that work?

Also side note for the over the top return what's the best way just a open pvc 90 under the water? Anyone have pictures showing there return?

In my old tank I did something similar. Hard pvc from the pump to a "t" with two valves to control flow... One side went to refugium with little flow (replace this with your reactor) and the other went over the top with all hard pvc. For the over the top portion I had a 90 then a 45 into the water. The pvc actually rested on my stand to hold it in place. I will look for pictures this evening.

The other reactors I've seen tied into a return pump are vinyl tubing to a barb fitting on the T. My reactor uses the polyurethane hard lines

I think I will just have two pumps one for return and one for the reactor. It's hard to find a t fitting going from pvc to polyurethane fittings

Back