Ricordea Yuma Care

Zack33

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for tips on keeping Ricordea yuma. Having a hard time getting good colour and growth. What kind of lighting level? Acclimation to LED? Flow? Feed?

Is there some type of tip guide for these guys?

Thank you to anyone who can offer up some tips!

Most of mine are under medium to strong LED lighting. In a low flow area. The ones that are getting stronger lighting are showing better color and size. In fact one just dropped 6 babies around her base. I don't feed mine. They seem to enjoy it when I blow the rocks off with a turkey baster a few times per week. They puff up afterward as if they eat something.

Mine do well but I’m not sure why. Had them in my old tank that definitely had high nutrients, under 2 orbit marine LED lights, and they budded. They were towards the bottom of the tank.

I moved them across country and placed them in a newly cycled tank. This one has AI hydra LED’s. I have a way better skimmer and have been on top of water changes. They still seem to be doing well and still budding. Still towards bottom of the tank.

Not sure if that helps. Maybe the strain plays a big part in it.

Mine is doing great, and it’s baby is almost an inch. Med to high light and med flow. I broadcast feed three time a week.

Back