Royal gramma scratches on scales

ahuaia

So after a few months of cycling I finally got my first and only fish for my 5 gallon pico reef (not a reef yet but it will be eventually). I've been dosing ammonia and different bacteria for the tank and watching for problems. My peramiters are still perfectly fine but my new fish has some abrasions on its skin. He hasn't eaten although he has only been in a day so thats not so concerning yet and is just hiding in his chosen spot that he perches on. He has some sort of abrasion on his left side that looks like some scratching. My question is should I be dosing anything to help him out? He is going to be the only fish in the tank sooo I do have my live rock and what not in there and don't want to use any dosing that would hurt future corals. However I do have a hospital tank I could set up if my only options are cooper based. Unfortunately the photo keeps failing to upload so all I can do is describe the abrasion.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Well the fish died he had abrasions on both sides im guessing he got pinched in the bag on the drive home.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Likely scratching himself on the rocks, probably stressed to all heck in such a tiny tank and broke out in ich...the lesions are from trying to scratch the parasites off..5g is too small for saltwater fish...I just shut down my 12year old 5g at one point when i didnt know better had a small damsel in it...but was strictly a coral tank for the last 10 years...shrimp crabs etc

Back