rpe's

beansbro1

found these today at the lfs got the whole rock for 39.00. they cover almost the whole rock (front, back sides and even the bottom)
DSC03846.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC03847.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC03854.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC03860.jpg
[/IMG]

what kind of lighting are they under? i see 150w light in your profile, so i'm guessing thats a DE/HQI pendant, what kind of bulb?

i've seen 2 kinds of RPE's out there. one that is completely red, and the other (that I have), that has more like red stripes coming out from the center.

judging by the pictures you posted, they almost look like they could color up to be red, orange, or purple. hard to tell.

Protopalythoa spp, like yours generally like brighter light, and take some time to color up to their true colors under that bright light. But they are always of special interest to me.

good luck ;)

Those look very similar to some that I have for a while as well. They have morphed into lots of different shades of maroon and some have gotten speckled. But non of them turned "red" so far.

DSCF1194.jpg

I did however just get a very small frag of RPE from jns and I have to say that it's not maroon, not orange, but bright red.

It will be interesting to see how yours color up, so keep us posted. :)

the bulb is a 150w 14k pheonixthats about 12" off the tank if i move it over so its right above these they are super red

Back