Sea apple advice

I have just bought a sea apple and after some advice and experiences.

First of all, is this a Coral or an animal?

Secondly any advice on how to keep it happy and look after it and others in the tank. I have currently placed it high up on some LR which it has attached to, away from other corals and in a high flow area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to say this, but, honestly, take it back. They are a filter feeder and can/will move around the tank. They are not a coral. If they die, they can kill everything in your tank when they release their toxins.

In the future, please do a little more research BEFORE buying an animal.

I did do some research and knew that it moves around, and that it can release toxins that'll wipe out the tank. But then so do box fish. And many other things in the aquaria. I was after advice from people who successfully have them on how to keep them happy and keep them alive so that they don't die and/or release their toxins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I was speaking from experience. I kept one for almost two years (almost ten years ago)without incident until one day it found the overflow and wiped out half the tank. It was certainly a beautiful creature, but it caused the demise of several other "beautiful creatures" overnight.

There is a reason they are not as common to see for sale now as they were back then.

Back