Selling off some stuff

RichieG

Hello everyone. I am listing this stuff elsewhere on the web, but I will also post it here in case anyone local is interested. Palmyra, near Hershey.

1. a 20 gallon glass tank for $20 ... you know what? Make it $10.

2. A Nova Extreme 30" marine light fixture. Model Number 1137. I also have the factory box.
This has two T5HO fluorescent bulbs (a 24 watt 460nm actinic and a 24" 12K)
I replaced the bulbs around 3 months ago, so I'd expect them to be good for a couple of years.
Full disclosure, The plexi glass sleeve that covers the bulbs cracked in a small area in the corner last evening when I moved the light in a way that allowed the sleeve to slide out ..... and I repaired it. It is not in the direct path of the light and not visible when looking at the light. It's good to go. $45

3. A 29 gallon acrylic tank with a basic single florescent bulb light fixture.

The fluorescent light fixture that is included with this tank has never been used and does not have a bulb in it.

I received the fixture included if you buy this tank with the tank when I bought it new, but upgraded to the 1137 (pictured on the tank) fixture that I am selling separately.

Because this tank is acrylic and more easily scratched than glass, you can see small scratches inside the tank when the tank is dry (see pic #3).

You can't really see those scratches if you wipe a wet paper towel on the inside front of the tank (see pic #1) & they are far more difficult to see when water is in the tank.

I chose acrylic over glass due to kids running around and glass being much easier to break. Acrylic costs much more than glass, but to some, the extra cost is worth it.

Acrylic is also as clear as water, while glass has a tint. I assume that everyone here knows this but just in case .... Acrylic must be cleaned with warm water or with acrylic tank cleaner. Windex and other glass cleaners will discolor the acrylic.

I drilled 2 overflow holes in the back and placed two fittings in them. I believe that one is a 1' and one is a 3/4 " fitting. It's been a few years since I did that.

The overflows allow you to run to a sump without the need for an overflow rig which saves money and by doing it this way, there is no worry about the overflow tube losing suction.

These fittings can be easily spun around if you want to use THIS tank as your sump and filter area though.

Just for some general info that may be of use, I used a Eco Plus 264 pump to return water from my sump and I think that's 264 gph.
Using a larger pump may require you to add an additional overflow hole and fitting, but the 264 was plenty for this system..

For the Acrylic Tank and the single bulb light fixture (bulb not included) $100.

I was trying to bundle some things, but I will list them separate here:

Eco Plus 264 pump .... $15

Aqueon ACP 1650 ... $25

Eheim Jager 150 watt submersible heater $15

Fluval 200 watt NON submersible heater $5

floating Hydrometer/thermometer . Free

small net .. Free

Thanks for checking in.

Attachments

• acrylic 1.jpg
    acrylic 1.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 2
  • acrylic back.jpg
    acrylic back.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 2
  • acrylic dry scratches.jpg
    acrylic dry scratches.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 2
  • L1.jpg
    L1.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Everything has been sold except for the Nova Extreme 1137 ..... a 30" light fixture (pictured above) with the original box. I will sell it for $25 if anyone is interested. It would be good for a 20 or 29 gallon tank, quarantine tank or refugium.

The legs slide into a track for adjustments.
One leg has been super glued in place due to a crack, but the glue was not necessary since the actual leg and track insert parts were really secure already. Just a precaution.

I also super glued a corner of the clear bulb protection cover. No big deal and not actually near the bulbs.

It works well and the bulbs only have about 3 months use on them.

Thanks.

Back