Shooting under blue...

Pife

I am having rings of trouble getting proper white balance while under blue lights. Is the only way to correct it pay processing? I do use custom white balance with white cards and can't get it right. I also can't capture any pink or orange colors. I have a Canon t3i I shoot in manual mode I am using a EFS 18-55 lens. Any help will be appreciated. I am also trying to decide on a new lens. The 2 that I have found that can be had at a good deal are the canon ef-s 60mm f/2.8 usm macro lens and sigma 105mm f2.8 ex canon. Any thoughts on which to get? If I get the 60 I can also very extension tubes. I have never shoot macro but I think it will be amazing to be able to.

Thanks for any and all help and insight.

You should shoot in RAW and edit your white balance on the computer by changing the temperature and tint. Don't worry about using the camera's white-balance settings, choose the one that looks best to you and stick with it.

You should definitely get the Sigma 105mm out of those two, especially given that your tank is larger. The longer focal length will allow you a better close-up shot to things further back in the tank.

You should shoot in RAW and edit your white balance on the computer by changing the temperature and tint. Don't worry about using the camera's white-balance settings, choose the one that looks best to you and stick with it.

You should definitely get the Sigma 105mm out of those two, especially given that your tank is larger. The longer focal length will allow you a better close-up shot to things further back in the tank.

Thank you

Back