Silicone

toxqc

What is the Silicone i'm supose to use to build my sump, and my overflow (GLASS)???

I bought the GE silicone I Transparent

That'll work fine. I used GE Silicone II but they are essentially the same I think.
Just let it cure long enough so the vinegar smell goes away and its ready.

Yep, Silicone I windows and doors is what I used too. As AZRat said, the silicone II will work too....I think it is made to be used in more applications that I.

Good luck!!

I used the GE Silicone II....

Has anyone seen the silicone go a floresent pink? I put in some baffles in my sump about a month ago and this week most of the silicone has gone a pink color. I let it cure for a week prior to using. Really weird.

Chris

If you read the fine print on the tube of GE Silicone II is lists things it should not be used for...and it lists aquariums.

Silicone I Doors & Windows does not list aqauriums.

My tube of GE Silicone II doesn't say anything about aquariums. At least I couldn't find it on the tube.

Of course they could have changed the labeling ...

I think they put the label to cover themselves in case someone gets sue-happy. Bags of southdown sand say the same thing and it is safe for aquarium use.

I'm not saying that everything that that does not say aquarium safe is usable in tanks though. :) (I think that covers me, right?)

Don't want to hijack your thread but I have a question about silicone. Would it work to make frag plugs out of silicone "pancakes" dropped in and covered with crushed coral? Would I just have to let it cure for a little while? Please Advise.

Back