So I did a thing…

reefing102

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori
Premium Member
I bought a carpet anemone. I believe it’s a Gigantea. For the size color and price I’m not complaining. It was at one of my LFS and I couldn’t pass it up. I have Cipro on hand just in case but it was at the LFS for a couple weeks before I bought it. Sorry for the crappy instore pics and the in bag pics were more for ID purposes. My only concern is I don’t know if carpets typically have colored foots. The blue hue in the in bag pics is true to the eyes soo yea

IMG_9496.jpeg

IMG_9497.jpeg

IMG_9518.jpeg

IMG_9519.jpeg

IMG_9520.jpeg

Definitely a gigantea, and very healthy from the look of it! I'm very jealous!
I’m definitely glad to hear that. I figured if it was unhealthy, it would have deteriorated some already. I was there the day it came in and it looked pretty good but he didn’t have a price on it yet. It’s definitely incredibly sticky too

Now to convince the clown it needs to host it (ha that’s a funny thought since it’s had a BTA in there the past 2 years and hasn’t even looked at it)

Just an ocellaris
I've found those and Perculas are hit and miss (about a 50% chance) in pairing with anemones over the years. Of course, that's just anecdotal observations.

I haven't kept a lot of species of clowns, but I've always had good luck with A. Allardi (Allard's), A. Clarkii (Clark's), A. Frenatus (Tomato), P. Biaculeatus (Maroon) and A. Perideraion (Pink Skunk).

I've found those and Perculas are hit and miss (about a 50% chance) in pairing with anemones over the years. Of course, that's just anecdotal observations.

I haven't kept a lot of species of clowns, but I've always had good luck with A. Allardi (Allard's), A. Clarkii (Clark's), A. Frenatus (Tomato), P. Biaculeatus (Maroon) and A. Perideraion (Pink Skunk).

Yea, my wife’s ocellaris we saw hosting an anemone at the store, so we bought the clowns and the anemone and they host. This one has never shown interest. I’m curious to try and tape a tablet with a video showing clowns hosting anemones to see if that works

FWIW I've had exceptional success with Riterri anemones. Four percula/ocellaris pairs over the years have ignored all my BTA, but took to a Riterri within a week of adding it to the tank.

I’ve always wanted a Ritteri. I just need to rescape first so I can get that platform style so hopefully it stays still

I’ve always wanted a Ritteri. I just need to rescape first so I can get that platform style so hopefully it stays still
Yeah that is a legitimate struggle. Mine have always checked and double checked the edges of the platform to make sure they have the highest spot possible.

Looks great. Now, you just need to frag your, "Bounce Anemone", give it a fancy name and charge 1 million dollars for them.
1692808398421.png

Back