Soap in tank-help

bnagy0

Hey all,

So I have a pretty embarrassing issue.

I should start off with my tank. 135 gallon tank, 12 gallon refugium, 20 gallon wet dry.

Just started a cycle about 2 weeks ago. Dry rock, dry sand, RO water. Dead shrimp

Today I came home and noticed that my skimmer EV240 was over skimming, I made some adjustments earlier but it resulted in alot of foam which caused my tank/sump level to drop from water displacement. Because the water was good water I dumped some water back into the tank. Approx 1 gallon.

The problem: in that bucket had cascade dish washer detergent, not dish soap, to cut back smell. The detergent sat for about 5 days so, and it was clumped up at the bottom of the bucket. But, I'm worried that some of the detergent made it into the tank..

I ran my skimmer high to remove the suds/bubbles and added/changed approximately 20 gallons of RO water to the tank.

There isn't any film on the water, I cleaned the skimmer, added 2 bags of carbon to the sump where the water drains.

I'm guessing the consistency of the dish detergent was low given how clumped it was. (Wish full thinking).

The ingredients of the detergent are: sodium carbonate, sodium hydroxide, sodium silicate, and chlorine bleach.

Everything seems to be back to normal in the tank. I won't know until I check the ammonia, nitrites nitrates and ph level.

Should I be worried? Please help!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

After proof reading I should add this info.

My EV 240 skimmer has the drain line connected to a 5 gallon bucket that sits beside the tank with a carbon filter cup for air filtration. This is the bucket I dumped back into the tank.

Thanks for the help.

I just checked my water parameters. Here is where they are.

Ph= 8.0
Ammonia= .5
Nitrates= 5-10
Nitrites= 1

I am still in the cycle process.

If something is wrong, how would I know?

Back