Some extended, some retracted on same frag

PC_LOAD_LTR

c6c621bcdc362b84926a8bc3e2e473f1.jpg

As shown, my new (2 weeks) blue paly has 2 polyps extended and the others retracted. So , more light? Less light? Is the worm to the right irritating the retracted ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh. Well, I'd say it wants more light (raise it slowly so it doesn't pout). And that worm...it wouldn't happen to look like a white millipede by any chance, would it? If so, there's a decent chance it's being an idiot and is pinching at the polyps and trying to steal food from their mouths. I had a real problem with those "millipedes" harassing the heck out of the sickly dendros who came with my tank. The little buggers lived inside the coral's exposed skeleton and would come out whenever I fed it to steal food right from them! I dealt with them so the dendro's fine now.

Also, are there any asterina starfish in the tank? Our one zoa colony has a problem with them. Every few months, the asterina start attacking the colony for some reason, crawling onto their stems and gnawing on them. They end up taking little chunks out of their stalks, resulting in a bunch of polyps falling off. No clue why it happens, but the assault lasts for a few weeks (we have to knock the starfish off several times a day), then suddenly stops and the zoas recover.

I replaced my t5 bulbs, cleaned off some salt creep on my glass tops and now they are getting more consistent. Just got a seneye to check par in that area. The green palys just off to the right have been there for years with no extension
93e0e2e03971177b171010159c54b4dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back