some new zoas I bought yesterday

FishWife1

Went to Down Under in Garner, NC for the first time. He had tons of zoas all different colors and sizes - very reasonable prices, too, plus 15% off. Yay!

These pictures are not the best because we are still learning how to take tank pics with a new camera, but you can get an idea. The pink mound of zoas is my favorite but the orange skirt with blue and a yellow mouth is a close second. That was a huge piece and I had to break it up to fit it in my nano. I now have 5 pieces of it which I am going to let grow out for a while and then frag. I also bought the little toxic green guy and a green trumpet frag. He had a 50% sale in 3 different tanks but the stuff was all too big.

There are also a couple of frags in there from CIMulation. The zoa frag on the far right bottom of the tank is from him. it's done great in the couple of weeks I've had it and has grown a lot already. There's another one higher in the tank but I haven't gotten an individual shot of it yet.

The little girl looking into the tank is my 18 month old granddaughter, Heidi. She and her older brother run to the tank first thing in the morning when they are visiting.

Here are the pics, if anyone can ID any of them I'd like to know. A couple of them look like a couple on the Zoa ID list but I can't be sure.

Enjoy

Full tank shot
fulltankshotmarch2006.jpg

Little toxic green guys
04ba2a10.jpg

A fair pic of the pink zoas but doesn't really do justice
a6ff91a7.jpg

A decent shot of the new orange skirt w/blue disk and yellow mouth and of Minh's brown skirt with orangy center
8bc3887e.jpg

This guy isn't new but I like taking pics of him - if you look closely you can see a new mouth forming on the lower left
e0636d35.jpg

And little Miss Heidi - don't you just love how children look at things?
1be970df.jpg

I hope to be taking some better pictures soon (and maybe trading off some zoa frags :D )

Laurie

is the toxic green the small frag in the second pic? if so i have some and they havent colored up as much as those ones.

Yes, it is the small green one - got it for $7 and I sure do hope it grows. There are 3 small polyps that don't show up yet, so I have hight hopes.

Laurie

Back